Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New additions...

So here is one of Jesse's Christmas presents, Bella, a 6 week old Australian Shepherd. And Kadence loves her.

After her bath I had to hide out in the bathroom so Bella could get some peace and quiet.
Here is my baby carrying my baby. We are at 24 weeks and recently found out that we are having a.....
little girl! Since the beginning I have been telling everyone that I was hoping for a boy but the minute the technician said we are having a girl everything changed. I could not get the cheesy grin off of my face and I don't think I have ever been so excited in my life. Everybody say hi to Sophie Raine Malarsie!

Last week I got the phone call that a trainer from Fidelco will be at our house the beginning of January to bring me my new guide dog and to teach me how to use it. We will spend 15 days all over town learning this whole new way to travel. What a year this has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment