He is getting better at reading to me. Michael's first class of the morning is his braille class. He then has a break from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. That is when I show-up to visit him. During that time, I sit with his braille book and figure out what it says, then in the evening, he reads it to me and I can follow along to make sure he is getting it correct. At first, by the time he figured out what the last letter in the word was he had forgotten what the first letters in the word were and he would have to go back, but not so much anymore. He is now up to reading complete paragraphs, it's slow, but he is staying with it. Today he learned the letter Z so now has done the complete alphabet. Next will be puncuation, numbers, and practice, practice, and more practice.
After the study came the fun. We went early to banjo lessons again so he could do this:
No comments:
Post a Comment