We've been doing so much traveling this summer. I don't think I've been on the go this much in my whole life. At least that's how it feels sometimes, especially when most of the people I traveled with are 4 and under. Keeps me young…or something.
I can tell we've been gone a long time when the weeds are taller than everyone in the family. Now before the short jokes start let me just say that these weeds are no joke. Even a person of average height would have trouble looking over the tops of these suckers.
Since I'm the only one really ok with the heat I headed out a few days ago to wander around and pull whatever weeds I happened to stumble across.
While this is definitely not the most efficient way of doing things I got a fair handle on them and felt like I was doing a little good. I filled the big trash can we have three or four times and wandered off into the undeveloped lots next to ours and dumped them out. Which went great until I almost got lost. Somehow the trees moved in front of me and blocked my return route. Fortunately Xxon was there with me and we made it back.
Like I said, the end result still left much to be desired but it was a great start, if you ask me. A day or two later Jesse came inside after watering her plants laughing.
"Did you pull the weeds on the side of the house," she asked me.
"Umm…yeah. Why?"
"Well because my grape is gone," she said. Still laughing at me.
There is a winery right across from the neighborhood and when we had the groundbreaking ceremony they brought us one of their plants. This thing lived in a pot on Lackland for what seems like forever, then moved here, got out of his pot, and was just getting really happy with life when I came along thinking it it was a weed.
I think I know exactly which one it was too. I remember thinking how impressed I was that that weed had managed to get so big, especially right next to the house.
Needless to say Jesse is now in the market for a new grape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment