For someone who hates running I tend to find myself running more than the normal amount of half marathons. At least this time it's not just because I'm bored, which makes things much easier.
Fidelco is one of the charities that will benefit from the 2013 ING Hartford Marathon coming up this October. I told them that if they had a place for me I'd like to join in and do my part to support the cause. Before long I found out that I was the captain of the team. I told them that as long as that doesn't mean I have to be the fastest I'm perfectly ok with it.
So here's the deal. Obviously there will be plenty of ways to donate at the event but not all of us live in Connecticut which makes things difficult. Fortunately, Fidelco has set up a donations page where you can sponsor me in the race. Now I'm supposed to be able to log in and set a goal amount which I would put at $1000 but that website is a bit odd so I'm still working on that. The goal is currently set to $0, don't be fooled, I want to do my part and I think I can do a little better than 0.
I ask that you all take a look at the page and share this by whatever means you can. Fidelco is family to us and I wouldn't trade Xxon for anything as I'm sure you all know. This organization changes lives. They changed mine. So take a minute and show some love, even if it's only a dollar or two.
Thank you all so much for the support and for reading! God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment