First off just let me say I hate the term "wounded warrior". I wish there was something else that stuck but it's far too late to change that now.
I've had the news on all afternoon listening to reporters, politicians, and other self appointed experts argue about what happened today and whether or not it was a terrorist attack. People quoted Joe Biden over and over because he used the word "bombing" like it was something significant. They are all afraid to say who they think is behind it because they don't want to offend anyone. People are already talking about how security can be beefed up all over the country because of this. It is absolutely crazy.
Who cares if someone uses the phrase "terrorist attack". if the boot fits then it fits. It doesn't matter where a person is from, anyone can become a terrorist if they're twisted enough. Apparently the media doesn't agree. They actually had a dictionary out reading what "terrorist attack" meant because they weren't sure if this counted. Idiotic.
When I heard about what happened in Boston I had a feeling that once upon a time was very familiar. I wanted to do something about it. I wanted to do something to try and stop this from happening. I wanted to help make the people who can do things like this regret the day they first made these plans. That inner burning, that desire to be a part of something that helps people sleep safe at night. That feeling is what drove me to the military in the first place.
Now here I sit, dues payed, but still wishing I could go back and do more. People are so quick to celebrate the end of the "War on Terror". They act like the day we leave the Middle East they'll leave us alone. Ridiculous. I don't enjoy war. Nobody who has actually been in it will say that they do unless they've been in it far too long. It's not fun or glorious, innocent people die. Fathers, brothers, sons, mothers, sisters, and daughters don't come home to their families. People forget that there's a reason others willingly pay that price. To try and stop events like this from happening.
Terrorists aren't going to go away. This is reality. They've always been around and always will be. The people are the same, the word used to describe them just changes. These zealots, whether born overseas or right here in America, will always exist. They will always need to be pursued and there will always be men and women willing to step up and walk in the most dangerous places in the world to try and stop them.
To those who are doing it now…I wish I was with you all. To this those who've done it…thank you. I'm always frustrated by the fact that I went through so much to do my part and only lasted one month before having my eyes blown out. I may be blind but I still wish I could go back and finish what I started.
It's very clear though that there are a lot of things that can be done here in the States to help. I'm still able to support those who carry the fight to the enemy and I do it gladly.
Let's just hope our dear President doesn't forget about the lives lost here like he did about those lost in BenGhazi.
No comments:
Post a Comment