Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Saturday, October 8, 2011

Michael is back to work...

A few days ago the girls and I (Jesse) popped in to pick up Michael from work. I snapped a few pictures and thought I would share :) He is thrilled to have a place all set up and he has been going in to become better acquainted with his computer and programs and to do paperwork. Xxon has a new bed, water dish and bones to keep him occupied. They are learning the building and becoming the office to visit. Xxon is quite a hit. I know Michael is going to blog soon and tell you all the juicy details. Here is just a little tid bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment