Michael was deployed from Fort Riley, KS to Afghanistan the first week of December 2009. He was stationed at FOB Wilson, near Kandahar. On January 3, 2010, while on a routine foot patrol, he was seriously injured by an IED. The same event claimed the lives of his Air Force companion and three soldiers from Fort Carson, CO.
This blog chronicles the events of Michael's life from his injury to the present day. He is now the author of this blog; is married, is a father and lives in Texas with his guide dog, Xxon. His injuries are now healed, he is retired from the U.S. Air Force and is planning on what to do for his next adventure.















Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Waiting to see...

Not "see" in a literal sense of course. What I mean by that is that I am still waiting to see what real honest work is going to be like.
There has been a little confusion on how to go about getting things like the government computer with the talking software set up and who orders and pays for what....typical hoop jumping, but were getting it figured out. I have an office with a desk waiting for me to sit, the last piece of the puzzle is the computer. We are getting close though. I have heard that the computer is in and the software has been purchased. Now we just wait for it to come in and when the computer guys get it set up I will be ready to rock!
In preparation for this I had to do something I had forgotten about...something that the military loves...computer based training. These things, for those of you who do not know, are sort of like interactive power point slide shows that cover just about every topic under the sun. Some are a little entertaining, some have actually taught me a few things, and still others make counting sand on a beach sound like a great time in comparison.
It had been so long that I actually enjoyed the CBT about how to properly use government computers lol.

So in other news...well.....hmm.....

So my whole life I have not really been a very big football fan. In truth, I don't think I sad through an entire Super Bowl game until I was restricted to a hospital bed in January of 09. It just wasn' my cup o tea. I was a hockey fan through and through. Well, since I have a lot fewer ways of entertaining myself I have decided to start gettin into college football. I also decided to root for the team closest to where I live...Texas Longhorns. Jesse, the girls, a few friends, and myself drove to Austin a few weekends ago to check em out. We had a great time. They were playing BYU so I of course, had to get everyone to wear Longhorn gear. I have a large number of familiy members that are BYU fans....I know this drove them nuts. Ha ha I love it.


Well even though we are still just sitting around watching each other get older, we are still lovin it here in Texas and I am excited to get back to work. I am hoping that I will hear some good news next week sometime. Cross your fingers!

Here is the last and best news of all....not that summer is comin to a close...the hockey season is drawing closer! We are about a month away and I can't wait!!!!

Well everyone have a safe and productive week. God bless, and Go Longhorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment